Understand how to set up an effective monitoring process that blends seamlessly with onboarding and doesn’t cause tons of extra work for your team.
RISKY BUSINESS PODCAST
Violations, Monitorships, and the Queen of Compliance
How should compliance teams handle working with a monitor due to FCPA violations?
Most compliance practitioners dread working with an external monitor, but Catherine Razzano, Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer at Panasonic Avionics Corporation, was able to turn it into a mutually-beneficial, positive experience.
Catherine earned the nickname “the Queen of Compliance” for her enthusiasm and work on high-profile issues and helping companies rebuild their compliance programs after being investigated.
In this episode, Catherine sits down with hosts Adam Kaiser and Jordan Feise to share her story and the lessons she’s learned working in a highly-regulated industry.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Compliance is more than risk-avoidance
- The importance of building relationships with other departments
- Why ethics and compliance is about asking the right questions
What to listen for:
- [00:38] – What’s new in compliance? With Jordan and Adam
- [05:31] – Catherine’s “Oh shit” moment
- [09:19] – Advice for working with a monitor
- [18:01] – How compliance can incorporate data
- [23:48] – Catherine’s advice for aspiring compliance practitioners
Tune in wherever you listen…