Whether you are currently exploring new technology vendors or are trying to better understand the RegTech landscape, make sure you don’t overlook any of these key considerations.
RISKY BUSINESS PODCAST
Navigating Politics. Building Relationships.
How do you navigate the political aspects of compliance?
Greg Brower, Chief Global Compliance Officer for Wynn Resorts, has held positions at the DOJ, the U.S. Government Publishing Office, and even the FBI. While not every role was strictly in compliance, Greg has a talent for drawing valuable lessons from challenging situations and applying them to risk mitigation.
In this episode, Greg sits down with hosts Adam Kaiser and Jordan Feise to share some of the lessons he’s learned from his experiences, and why a seemingly minor violation can have a tremendous impact. “Everything I’ve done before really informs, in some way, what I’m doing now.” As the conversation unfolds, Greg emphasizes the importance of developing relationships and learning the business.
Along the way, you’ll learn:
- Why the little things matter
- Compliance is not the mission
- Why building relationships is key
What to listen for:
- [04:15] – Greg’s “Oh, shit!” moment
- [09:08] – What does “lawful but awful” mean to Greg?
- [10:18] – Greg’s proudest moment
- [14:27] – Strong relationships make a difference
- [20:13] – The biggest threat to compliance
- [24:37] – Greg’s advice for getting into compliance