Explore our virtual event series to get career-changing insights from forward-thinking compliance practitioners and thought leaders.
RISKY BUSINESS PODCAST
Compliance Allies, C-Suite Adversaries, and Tech Stack
How can compliance teams overcome internal politics to achieve compliance success throughout the organization?
Management can be either an advocate or an adversary to compliance. For Tomell Ceasar, Head of Ethics and Compliance at Careem, the key is to find allies in your organization who will advocate for the importance of compliance.
Tomell’s greatest career challenge came while working for a company under a Deferred Prosecution Agreement. Ultimately, it led to one of his proudest accomplishments and is, it’s also a great place for aspiring compliance practitioners to start.
In this episode, Tomell sits down with hosts Adam Kaiser and Jordan Feise to share his story and lessons learned from his wide-variety of global experience as a compliance practitioner.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The importance of identifying allies across the organization
- Why compliance should not report to the legal department
- Why the code of conduct doesn’t create ethical behavior
What to listen for:
- [00:28] – What’s new in compliance? With Jordan and Adam
- [08:03] – Tomell’s “Oh shit” moment
- [12:38] – Tomell’s proudest moment
- [20:59] – How compliance professionals should think about tech
- [29:45] – Tomell’s advice for aspiring compliance practitioners
Tune in wherever you listen…